Title : Rhizosphere bioremediation - Green technology for industrial waste treatment
Abstract: Rhizosphere bioremediation is a plant assisted bioremediation which has multiple effects in the bioremediation process due to symbiotic association of mycorrhizal fungi, bacteria, actinomyces along the root zone in the mycorhizal soil. Rhizosphere considered as a Ecological Remediation Unit to treat the contaminated soil containing complex organic compounds including toxic metals in the rhizosphere. The plant releases exudates such as short chain organic acids, phenolics, sugars, alcohols, enzymes and proteins. Plant releases enzymes like laccase, dehalogenase, nitrilase, nitroreductase and peroxidise are beneficial in enhancing bioremediation of organic compounds.The plant exudates as well as enzymes released by the plant and microbial interaction and their enzyme secretion make it possible to bio-remediate organic compounds, and bioaccumulation & uptake of metals thus converts into environmental friendly compounds, biomass, nutrients and CO2. Environmental variation takes place depending upon the factors prevailing in the field.
Research paper highlights industrial waste – pesticides, organic dye stuff compounds and petrochemical compounds - rhizosphere bioremediation and their bioaugmentation to develop effective and efficient techniques and methods for decontamination of soil - water environment. The technology has been transferred from Lab to Land as a novel and innovative measures to cleanup environment. Further, rhizo-bio-nano technology is being developed for industrial waste treatment.
- Industrial waste : soil water contaminants – environmental problem
- Rhizosphere bioremediation a Green Technology would remediate contaminant in soil water environment.
- This will help to include the innovative Green Technology (Rhizosphere bioremediation) in their academic curriculum to understand the environmental hazards and techniques and methods to clean up the environment.
- Learning Green Technology – methods process for remediation of contaminants would help to get the jobs in industry as environmentalist.
- Further the Rhizosphere bioremediation a Green Technology can be expanded in the research as Rhizo-Bio-Nano Technology.
- Transfer of technology from Lab to Land.