Title : Impact of Molecular Ordering and Alignment of Conjugated Polymer on Charge Transport
Solution-processable conjugated polymers have received great attention not only due to their unique electrical, optoelectronic, and electrochemical properties, but also to their great potential for realizing lightweight, large-area, cost effective, and flexible functional electronic devices. The macroscopic morphology of conjugated polymers is very important for their electronic applications and controlling the morphology of polymer semiconductors leftovers a fundamental challenge that hinders their widespread applications in organic electronic devices.The poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) is one of the extensively investigated conducting polymer for organic electronic devices due to its easy processability, and self-assembling nature. However, low crystallinity, random orientations of polymer chains are the major concerns associated with P3HT for achieving the high performance of electronic devices. Here, we present a simple and effective strategy for macroscopically ordered and aligned morphology of P3HT thin films that exhibit remarkable enhancement in charge transport properties. The large-scale aligned nanostructures of solution processable P3HT films have been characterized by high resolution transmission electron microscopy and grazing incidence X- ray diffraction and atomic force microscopy.
What will audience learn from your presentation?
- Explain how the audience will be able to use what they learn?
- All those who interested in Materials Science & Engineering and work in area of Organic/Molecular electronics will enjoy. It will be of great interest to both specialists and general scientists from diverse backgrounds.
- How will this help the audience in their job? Is this research that other faculty could use to expand their research or teaching? Does this provide a practical solution to a problem that could simplify or make a designer’s job more efficient? Will it improve the accuracy of a design, or provide new information to assist in a design problem? List all other benefits.
- Electronic properties of organic semiconductors
- Applications of organic semiconductors
- Yes, this study may provide the new approach in the area of organic electronics
- Our study may also useful for other area of science and engineering.